Wednesday 29 March 2017

You've been framed

This week's challenge at Simply Less is More is to use a frame and I had just the right stamp for it.  A while ago I bought a set of framed images from Digistamp Boutique and I love the Tulip image.  However, this is me.  I can't help myself.  If I have an image I just have to cut it out. So I did away with the original frame and put it in a die cut one.  Here's the card I made.


I've had the embossed card blanks for ages but I think it makes a nice frame for my frame.  I backed my image with some vellum and put blue card behind that.

Just in case you are wondering what the image looked like originally here it is before my scissors leapt into my hands and made me cut it.


I hope you like what I did with it.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, elegant and exotic CAS card Dawn. Simply gorgeous idea with the gold cardbase and matching frame. Super clean and crisp yet so many stunning details. Thanks for playing along at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolute stunner! The card stock base sets off the intense colour of the tulips to perfection. Very elegant and striking - a fab card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty tulips. Your red is super vibrant and lovely. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Dawn, your framed tulips are beautiful.
    Pauline - My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous change from the original! Very creative thinking, uh, out-of-the-box.

    ReplyDelete